- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Performance Support: Making It Happen
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 14, 2013
Marc Rosenberg and Associates
Instead of just helping people learn what they need to know, why not go further and help people achieve what they need to do? While performance support was first introduced 22 years ago in Gloria Gery’s groundbreaking book Electronic Performance Support Systems, in the last few years it has finally begun to emerge as a product category in the eLearning marketplace. But there’s still there is a good deal of confusion around what it looks like, when it is useful, and how to make it happen … not to mention whether it is actually an eLearning solution or something else.
Participants in this session will explore three types of performance support: task support, decision support, and application help. You will learn to identify appropriate opportunities for performance support, conduct the needs analysis, define appropriate metrics, build and maintain sponsorship, extract knowledge from experts, and package it into a performance support solution.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify appropriate opportunities for performance support
- How to define success criteria, metrics, and measurements for a performance-support solution
- How to orient the needs analysis for a performance-support solution
- How to outline a process for extracting knowledge from experts
- How to identify the guiding principles for designing a performance-centered solution
- How to establish and maintain sponsorship for a performance-support solution
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers who have experience developing and implementing eLearning programs and job aids, and who are ready to move beyond course delivery.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company