- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Notorious PID (Project Initiation Document)
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 14, 2013
Manager, Learning & Development
Creative and talented eLearning people often aren’t comfortable with project management, setting expectations, and pushing back or saying “No” to clients. Having a consistent process for every new project helps you appear as the expert and helps your clients feel comfortable coming to you for project assistance.
Session participants will learn how to conduct the initial client meeting—for either internal or external clients—and return with a simple-to-use, sleek, and effective project initiation document (PID) that will act as a proposal, outline, and project plan all in one. The PID will be the initial high-level document to share with all stakeholders to obtain their approval and buy-in. You’ll learn how to become an effective champion of the PID, which serves as your proposal to your client, and is a template-like document in a simple table format you can complete during or after an initial client meeting.
In this session, you will learn:
- What a PID is, and how it works
- How a PID can save time and money on project re-dos and eliminate the fallout from unhappy clients and management
- How to effectively scope and launch a new project
- How to position yourself as an expert in your field
- How to manage client expectations (even unrealistic ones)
- How to gain buy-in from clients and stakeholders
- How to build an entire project management cycle around a PID
Novice and intermediate professionals, especially those who work directly with internal or external clients and/or SMEs, and who want to learn more about setting expectations, managing their projects, and proposing learning solutions to meet needs.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA