- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Why You Should Invest in Powerful and Coordinated Instructional Media Strategies
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 15, 2013
Instructional Systems Designer
Booz Allen Hamilton
Most instructional designers develop formal cognitive learning objectives for every training project, but neglect to develop formal affective learning objectives. Neglecting to develop affective objectives reduces the likelihood of achieving the desired cognitive objectives.
Session participants will focus on improving instructional and media design strategies to better advance student learning achievement and performance improvement. You’ll review methods you can apply to surface affective learning objectives to inform, organize, and coordinate a highly correlated instructional and media design strategy to provide a more meaningful student experience. You will learn how to weave motivational themes through graphics, animations, interactions, videos, layouts, and text to address, reinforce, and ultimately achieve affective objectives.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why ignoring affective objectives reduces the likelihood of achieving cognitive objectives
- How to surface and identify affective objectives
- How the methods to used achieve affective objectives depend on target audience characteristics
- How to achieve affective objectives by embedding themes throughout graphics, animations, videos, layouts, and text
- How to abstract design strategies from sources both internal and external to the instructional design community
Intermediate and advanced professionals with a thorough understanding of the cognitive learning objectives listed in Bloom’s Taxonomy and familiarity with the definition of affective objectives.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
70,104Join The eLearning Guild