- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Interactive Video: Creating the Best of All Training Worlds
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 15, 2013
Ty Marbut Instructional Video
Video has a known power and the ability to engage and sustain interest. It’s the best available medium to capture passion and nuance, and therefore it can deliver vast amounts of information to its audience with phenomenal efficiency. The problem, however, is that video is a one-way medium. Learners remain passive and cannot participate in the rich interactions present in the traditional classroom, which are proven to increase both conceptual learning and learning transfer.
Participants in this session will learn seven techniques that convert their standard training video into an immersive, integrative learning experience. These techniques include virtual audiences, immersive interactions, embedded learning links, subject-sensitive branching, and community integration. You’ll see data showing how interactive video provides greater retention and transfer than either text or standard video technologies. You’ll leave with the skills and confidence to create training videos with high-quality interactive components that can increase learning and retention of the material.
In this session, you will learn:
- About seven techniques that can make traditional videos more effective through the use of interactive videos
- How you can retrofit these interactions into your existing videos
- How interactive video techniques produce the highest retention rates in both the short- and long-term
- How interactive video can produce the greatest transfer of learning
Novice-to-advanced professionals. A background in video, teaching and education, or eLearning will be helpful.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)