- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Enabling Enterprise-wide eLearning Development at the USDA
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 15, 2013
It used to take the USDA 68 days from the time an author created a course to the time it was tested, fixed, re-tested, and ready for deployment across the LMS. This significant delay caused many courses to miss their effective training window or simply remain unpublished. This challenge became even greater throughout 2012 due to the proliferation of mobile devices across the agency. The overall “lead time” issue and need to support large-scale development and deployment of mobile learning needed remedying—and the USDA was able to reduce the time and cost associated with large-scale eLearning development on both fronts.
In this session you will learn the Lean 6 Sigma project that the USDA underwent to identify their underlying process problem, what they did to fix the problem (both process and technology changes), and the statistical results of their efforts. Participants will discover, from a very large-scale organization, why these failures happen and what they can do about it through a statistically measured review, process adjustments, and correct application of technology.
In this session, you will learn:
- How, by reviewing the process by which content is created, you will have an opportunity to reduce the cost and time required
- What a large-scale learning development process analysis looks like
- Where common bottlenecks in enterprise-level eLearning development can occur
- How the USDA used technology to augment the updated process, and how much time and money were saved
- How to produce mobile, Section 508, or ADA compliant, eLearning on a large scale
Audience: Intermediate managers, directors, VPs, CLOs, and executives. Experience with implementing process change across an organization or department would be helpful, but is not required.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Coordinator Instructional Design (Team Lead)
- Instructional Designer - Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
- Instructional Designer
Fort Washington, PA
- Instructional Coordinator
New Britain, CT
- Training Evaluation Specialist