- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
eLearning Development for an HTML5 World
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 15, 2013
Technology Lead, Creative Learning Solutions
Dare Mighty Things
Instructional Design Project Manager
Most authoring tool vendors are updating products to HTML5 standards, since modern platforms will no longer support Flash and eLearning developed using Flash and other add-on based technologies will soon be obsolete. Developers and designers need to learn to use the new versions, and, sometimes, the new tools. In this time of changes you might consider a different approach to development, one using several tools. Instead of using an authoring tool to build eLearning, use a standards-based approach to create a mash-up-like module consisting of several components, SCOs, learning units, or simply widgets that consolidate your content.
Participants in this case-study session will learn about mobile learning development for the IDEXX Laboratories sales team. By taking a best of breed approach when selecting of tools, and integrating the content on a standards-based framework, IDEXX delivered compelling eLearning material. You will learn a workflow for building eLearning content using various existing authoring tools, how to integrate those tools using standards, how to publish an eLearning module without using a specific authoring tool, and how to use best practices and standards when it comes to creating an eLearning material series.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify the best authoring tool for the specific task
- How to establish a workflow to create independent blocks of content and publish them using existing tools
- How to integrate independently created content without depending on a specific authoring tool
- How to assure consistency when developing an eLearning material series
Intermediate developers, project managers, and managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA