- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Blueprint Meetings for Collaborative Media Selection
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 15, 2013
Learning Technology Consultant
We often don’t systematically make decisions about media used to deliver instruction—and that creates problems. We need a method to select media that is appropriate to instructional goals and the political realities of the client organization.
Participants in this session will learn a method for media selection that systematically considers the appropriate media for a given objective and then involves stakeholders in a collaborative process to select from appropriate media while referencing the practical and political needs of the client organization. You’ll take away a tool that consists of guidelines and a decision tree used to prepare a blueprint decision grid, an example decision grid, and a blank decision grid. You’ll also get hands-on practice in using the tool.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to describe the need for systematic, client-centered media selection
- Best practices from a case study where such selections were made
- How to complete an example blueprint grid
- How to conduct a blueprint meeting
Intermediate designers, developers, and managers with experience in basic instructional design and an awareness of available learning technology options.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)