- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Course Certification Made Easy
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 15, 2013
Tess Beebe Olten
Interim eLearning Director/Instructional Design and Media Specialist
Alabama A&M University
In traditional brick-and-mortar higher education institutions, online learning presents a conundrum. Typically, strapped budgets cannot afford dedicated course designers and must rely on faculty course developers to create academic eCurriculum. Consistency and quality of eInstruction is a very challenging issue for colleges and universities developing their own curriculum.
Session participants will learn a course certification system that operates smoothly and efficiently with minimal human and digital resources. The course development uses a system of self- and peer-assessment that streamlines the process while enhancing course quality and supporting online collaboration between educational professionals. You’ll see a logistical operational plan demonstrated that will enable participants from educational settings to develop, certify, and bring to registration-readiness potentially dozens of courses concurrently throughout an academic year. The plan makes maximum benefit of free and low-cost web resources, as well as providing an excellent participatory model for faculty to use in their own courses for assessment strategies.
In this session, you will learn:
- The basics of setting up a self- and peer-assessment system for course certifications
- The value of free and low-cost web tools (cost, flexibility, interoperability, etc.)
- Where to find resources to support your new eLearning program
- How to engage technophobic and resistant faculty course developers in your process
Novice-to-advanced professionals with a basic understanding of web technologies and their value in education.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)