- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
People Skills through eLearning? Yes, You Can!
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 14, 2013
Director, Talent & Learning
Coca-Cola Beverages Florida
Sr. Director, Variable Ops Learning & Performance
Interpersonal skills often take a back seat to more focused business-process training in eLearning. Can eLearning help produce measurable improvement in interpersonal skills without a large investment in classroom time?
Participants in this case-study session will learn how a two-day ILT course was transformed into a blended learning curriculum using highly interactive, scenario-based eLearning modules that reduced classroom time by 50 percent. Using the successive approximation model (SAM) process for development, the company created customer negotiation simulations for sales associates, allowing them the opportunity to practice techniques in a safe environment as often as they needed. You’ll learn how the company piloted and measured specific business-performance metric outcomes and how they compared with a control group, as well as learning about the adoption of the new learning methods by the sales team.
In this session, you will learn:
- The SAM development process
- How to effectively use eLearning for soft-skill development
- How to overcome skepticism from leadership, trainers, and learners
- How to measure business outcomes from soft-skill training
- How the SAM process iterative approach for development helped produce these results
Novice-to-advanced designers, developers, and project managers with knowledge of basic instructional design.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)
- Sr. Instructional Designer (eLearning Specialist)
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer