- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Learning and Performance Support @ the Point of Work
mLearnCon 2013 - June 18, 2013
Workforce Performance Strategist
Human Performance Outfitters
Organizations today are finding an urgent need to support opportunities to learn and perform on the job continuously. The prevalence of mobile devices used for both learning and support force a reassessment of how we design, develop, and deliver solutions at the point of work. While linear learning methods work well for formal training, the work context requires a more diverse mix of smaller, task-level, and role-specific learning and support content.
Participants in this session will learn how to create a seamless edge-to-edge solution to access the right learning assets by the right learners at their moments of need in a work context-friendly amount and format, and to and from the right devices. The traditional ADDIE model handles classroom and online training, but three new attributes that you must include surface: space, systems, and medium. You’ll learn the characteristics of these attributes that will reshape your use of ISD methods.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to define the attributes of a holistic learning environment
- How to overlay a learner-to-performer continuum over design methods
- How to map learning and support needs across a holistic learning environment
- How to change the conversation internally to stakeholders and externally to prospects
Intermediate learning professionals, from instructional designers to CLOs.
Technology discussed in this session:
Embedded performer support (EPS) as a discipline and the ensuing technology implications (EPSS, portals, mobile technology).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)