- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Choosing the Right Apps to Support a Tablet-based Training Curriculum
mLearnCon 2013 - June 18, 2013
Technical Curriculum Designer
Audi of America
With literally thousands of learning and educational apps available to support mLearning (20,000+ iOS apps!), it is little wonder that just trying to narrow the choices, let alone make the final decisions, can turn into one big navigational headache. Good app choices not only dynamically present course content, they are equally important in facilitating the learning process. This session breaks down the decision-making process that leads to good app choices for mLearning, and highlights examples of how to use and manage them in an mLearning situation.
Participants in this case-study session will learn about the Audi of America mLearning Pilot Course created to transition a traditional paper-based, four-day, instructor-led technical training course to one supported with iPad tablet technology. You will discover how important the selection of apps was in this process, and how it played a key role in the success of the entire project. Though you’ll focus predominately on the task of making appropriate app choices, you’ll address offshoot issues pertaining to apps and see demonstrations of the Audi Pilot Course that illustrate the discussion points.
In this session, you will learn:
- The tested and proven steps for successful integration of tablets and learning apps into a corporate training environment
- Tips on selecting, integrating, and using apps in mLearning
- Suggestions for app management
- How Audi of America made the transition from a paper-based instructor-led course to a tablet-supported course
Intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers whose professional work background and experience includes course design, development, evaluation, and/or project management of training programs.
Technology discussed in this session:
iPad, MacBook Pro, iBooks Author, Socrative, GoodReader, Apple TV, PowerSync Cart, Notability, Brainscape, SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer (3-D Modeling App), Keynote, and Dashcode animations.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager