- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Mobile Learning Fusion: Developing Interactive Mobile Learning Apps
mLearnCon 2013 - June 18, 2013
Senior Learning Evangelist
Authoring tools like Adobe Captivate have largely solved the problem of moving eLearning content to mobile devices by enabling instructional designers to publish courses to HTML5. However, these courses generally lack the full range of capabilities found in native apps and digital publications.
Participants in this session will learn a unique workflow for creating interactive mobile learning applications that feature rich media, software simulation, and “native app” navigational features. You’ll learn to create sophisticated mobile learning products without needing programming or web development skills. You’ll get an overview of the steps needed to create HTML5 software simulations with Adobe Captivate and learn how to design sophisticated layouts with InDesign, assemble folios with Folio Builder, and deploy the finished app through Adobe Content Viewer. The session is based on lessons learned creating a software-training mobile app now currently available in the Apple App Store.
In this session, you will learn:
- The advantages of Adobe DPS (digital publishing software) development relative to other mLearning development tools
- The steps for publishing software simulations for integration with InDesign
- The interactive features available to instructional designers when using DPS
- Development and publishing processes for creating an mLearning App for the iPad
Novice and intermediate learning professionals with an understanding of basic authoring concepts, instructional design concepts, and mobile app concepts.
Technology discussed in this session:
Adobe Captivate 6.0, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, HTML5, iOS, iPads/iPhones, and multimedia.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company