- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Next Big Thing in Mobile—Interactive Video
mLearnCon 2013 - June 18, 2013
Independent mLearning Specialist
Unlike other content online or built for mobile devices, videos are not interactive. You click a link, watch a video, and then return to the content. When video is used in mobile learning the navigation and interactivity is always outside of the video. The learning is interrupted by the necessity of going back to the navigation system. What if the video itself was interactive? You would not need to leave the video to navigate to other videos or other content. The video itself becomes the central hub, an interactive portal to all related content.
In this session participants will look at the next evolution of video on the internet and mobile devices—interactive video. The session will provide insight into the power and possibilities of this emerging technology. It will demonstrate how this technology can enhance learning on mobile devices by providing more interactive design options for mobile learning. Participants will see demonstrations of interactive video projects and learn about some of the companies that are pioneering the technology.
In this session, you will learn:
- The challenges with traditional video
- The enhanced learning options available with interactive video
- How to use video as the focal hub of your content
- How to get started with an interactive video project
- How to approach your mLearning design differently
Novice and intermediate learning professionals.
Technology discussed in this session:
Content examples from iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager