- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Less is More: GE Capital Reduces Training Time by 70% While Adding Content
mLearnCon 2013 - June 18, 2013
Partner Marketing Leader
GE Capital faced the challenging task of training its clients’ employees to sell its product. These client employees work in a variety of retail settings, from home improvement superstores to optometrist’s offices to automotive showrooms. The challenge of training client employees was further complicated by the clients themselves, who generally did not provide incentives or even work time for employees to take GE’s training.
Participants in this case-study session will learn how GE transformed its existing body of eLearning to a comprehensive curriculum delivered entirely by tablet. Where the existing eLearning took just over nine hours to complete, a learner can finish the new mLearning suite in just under three (162 minutes). The mLearning curriculum rolled out was highly accessible, easily understood, and of immediate value to GE and its clients.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why mLearning can succeed where traditional eLearning might not
- Strategies for reducing training time without gutting content
- How mLearning can answer learners’ questions in real time
- How to shorten internal review and approval time with mLearning
Intermediate managers, directors, and VPs with knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theory , social-media basics, training evaluation , and business impact.
Technology discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager