- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Mobile On-the-Go! Formal, Informal, and Social Learning for Sales Mobility
mLearnCon 2013 - June 18, 2013
Sr. Manager of Learning Technologies
With the explosion of smart phones and tablet technology in both personal and corporate environments, many organizations face the challenge of how to support learning across an increasingly tech-savvy workforce. This challenge includes ensuring that intellectual property and capital are deployed via company devices rather than personal ones. This is causing companies to add mobile devices to their technology suites behind the firewall to support a dispersed and innovative work force. In addition, the ability of companies to draw the best talent rests upon using cutting-edge technologies and deploying flexible and always-available learning solutions.
Participants in this session will explore how AutoTrader.com was able to deploy its “My Learning” mobile-learning iPhone and iPad solution to meet business needs across its core business and acquisition sales force. You’ll learn how the “My Learning” platform supports over 1,000 sales colleagues across the AutoTrader Group using gamification, user- generated content to promote best-practices, audio and video podcast and push notifications, and SMS texting for department communications.
In this session, you will learn:
- The mobile needs that many companies now face
- The questions pertinent to identifying a long-term, flexible mobile learning solution tied to the company’s business
- How to design an intuitive and flexible user interface to make learning easy to find and enjoyable
- How to embed mobile learning into key learning initiatives to encompass formal, informal, and social learning
- Key learnings and challenges from deployment
This session will appeal to a broad audience ranging from learning leaders and learning technology teams to IT partners challenged with making mobile learning available to the changing work forces.
Technology discussed in this session:
iPad and iPhone
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Coordinator Instructional Design (Team Lead)
- Instructional Designer - Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
- Instructional Designer
Fort Washington, PA
- Instructional Coordinator
New Britain, CT
- Training Evaluation Specialist