- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
100 Seconds of Mobile Learning
mLearnCon 2013 - June 19, 2013
Instructional Design Manager
Tata Interactive Systems
The pace of business and shrinking attention spans are dramatically changing the preferred length of learning events. Ultra-short training and support nuggets can leverage existing media and content and accelerate publishing of SME-generated content. A key challenge in this opportunity is maintaining the mental connectedness and the frameworks offered by longer formats.
This session will help participants envision the use of learning nuggets via demos of various media and content types. You’ll get decision frameworks for selecting learning-nugget candidates, including formative evaluation to fill gaps remaining after more traditional learning modes. You’ll also learn tips for maintaining the coherence that can be lost when dramatically shortening your training.
In this session, you will learn:
- To identify candidates for short learning segments
- How to develop quick transitions to link to existing mental frameworks
- Ways to structure and organize collections of learning nuggets
- How to envision ways learning nuggets can fit in your existing programs
Those interested in creating small learning nuggets for their mobile initiatives.
Technology discussed in this session:
iPad, PC laptop.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager