- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Good Media Is Not Actually About Media
mLearnCon 2013 - June 19, 2013
Media—whether it is learning content or rolling news—is merely a tool. And while we have been taught that media is about television or radio or print, it really is about the cognitive models and stories held in our memories. Unless we shift our concepts of message and media we’ll never fully appreciate the power of mobile learning, which liberates learning professionals from creating mono-media, linear, one-way learning experiences.
This session will look at what this means for mobile learning and the editorial and production disciplines that learning professionals need to develop to make meaningful mobile learning. Unless we shift our concepts of message and media, we’ll never fully appreciate the power of mobile learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- How media communication has changed and what it means for learning media
- The true dynamics of media and how it can be used to reinforce learning
- How to approach mobile from a perspective influenced by trans-media
- Fresh perspectives for mobile learning
Intermediate directors and CLOs with a basic knowledge of adult learning theory, including ISD, a basic understanding of interactivity and multimedia and their roles in learning, and a basic understanding of production processes involved in making audio, video, or text content.
Technology discussed in this session:
Video on mobile devices.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager