- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Enabling Enterprise-wide Mobile Deployment at the USDA
mLearnCon 2013 - June 19, 2013
With a population of over 125,000 learners across the USDA, the thought of enabling mobile learning across the enterprise was certainly a challenge. In recent years the proliferation of mobile devices across USDA raised the need for mobile delivery from a “nice-to-have” to a clear business priority. The challenge was made more difficult when considering the need to continue to support all of the desktop learners while also enabling those with mobile devices to access the same titles.
Participants will learn how the challenges were met and how the agency now enables its learners to start, resume, and complete eLearning courses on any platform (desktop or mobile) using variety of devices. This session will describe the processes and technologies that enabled the USDA to enable mobile learning across the entire agency, and participants will be able to apply the concepts to their own situations.
In this session, you will learn:
- What components (LMS, infrastructure, content development) enabled enterprise-wide mobile deployment
- How a learner population was enabled with device-independent access to a wide range of eLearning titles
- How, by reviewing the process by which content is created, enterprise mobile delivery was made possible.
- What a large-scale mobile learning development process analysis looks like
- Where common bottlenecks in enterprise-level eLearning development can occur
Project managers, managers, directors, VPs, CLOs, and executives who are familiar with basic learning technology concepts in a corporate setting. Basic knowledge of mobile learning is assumed.
Technology discussed in this session:
The Lean 6 Sigma process for root cause analysis and determination. The Plateau LMS for content delivery. CourseAvenue’s OneCourse solution for desktop and mobile content rendering.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library