- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Using Mura CMS to Provide Low-cost, Easy Mobile Learning
mLearnCon 2013 - June 19, 2013
Not everyone can afford mobile learning solutions. Mobile technologies often require very specific and advanced skill sets and they can require add-on costs to already hefty budgets. This session will describe how to use freely available, open-source tools that deliver learning in both desktop and mobile formats from one content base.
Participants in this session will walk through one specific open-source solution, a ColdFusion-based content management system—Mura. Because Mura is highly extensible, the open-source community has added eLearning and mobile components to make Mura a no-cost solution for mobile learning. You’ll get explanations and demonstrations of these technologies during the session.
In this session, you will learn:
- A low- or no-cost solution for implementing mobile learning
- The value of open-source technologies and a vibrant open-source community
- How to implement the Mura mobile learning solution at your organization
- How to extend this open-source solution to meet your specific mobile-learning needs
Novice designers, developers, project managers, and individual consultants and those from small- to mid-sized organizations. Participants should have a basic understanding of the eLearning and mobile devices used by their organizations.
Technology discussed in this session:
Mura, CMS, and jQuery-based mobile extensions.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company