- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Designing Mobile Virtual Learning—Any Time, Any Place, Any Device
mLearnCon 2013 - June 19, 2013
Certificate Manager and Instructional Designer
A decade ago, organizations believed that the virtual classroom was the same as the traditional classroom, and thus began the hundreds of live sessions with dozens of participants muted and watching slide after slide. Sessions that were envisioned to be training experiences became long lectures. Now, most realize that there are specific design strategies for virtual classroom success and are working to implement those strategies. The cycle seems to be starting all over again with the move to mobile.
This session will help savvy designers avoid design catastrophes. After contrasting a traditional virtual classroom to a mobile virtual classroom, the limitations of live mobile learning will be addressed. The session will provide strategies that take advantage of learning in the mobile environment. Job aids will be provided that illustrate the profile of a typical mobile learning and help to identify if a particular program should be deployed using a mobile technique. The session will conclude with a discussion of five exercises that can be included in a program to ensure learning takes place in this unique environment.
In this session, you will learn:
- What doesn’t work in the mobile virtual classroom, and why
- How to utilize strategies that maximize mobile virtual classrooms
- How to identify the profile of a typical mobile learner
- Ways to determine if a virtual classroom should be designed for mobile learners
- Five mobile instructional exercises that help designers meet learning objectives
Intermediate designers, project managers, and managers. Participants should have a working knowledge of at least one virtual classroom platform. Experience developing or facilitating a virtual classroom would make the experience more meaningful.
Technology discussed in this session:
A handout will be included that lists the virtual classrooms available for mobile devices. The Adobe Connect Mobile Virtual Classroom will be demonstrated.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA