- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Choosing a Mobile Delivery Method
mLearnCon 2013 - June 20, 2013
There are decision points in the design phase that can help designers identify the most appropriate mobile delivery method for the learning solution. These decisions involve considerations including, but not limited to: available hosting platforms, “mission-critical” status of the task or workflow (especially in performance support scenarios), learner bandwidth/location constraints, audience devices and browsers, and content update plan.
Participants in this session will get specifics of the limitations, technical considerations, and benefits of different methods of mobile learning solutions distribution (hosted vendor app, web app, hybrid app, and native app). Participants will also see a demonstration showing how to create a hybrid app with industry-standard course development software and package with PhoneGap. You will examine when you should pull materials together in a vendor app, distribute as a web app, go for the “look and feel” of a native app with a hybrid deployment, or spend the time, money, and other resources to develop a completely native app.
In this session, you will learn:
- A general decision tree method for determining the best method for mobile learning solution deployment
- General differences between web, hybrid, and native apps
- How to build, package, and deploy a hybrid app that resembles a native app
- How to create a simple hosted web app with common instructional design software
Novice and intermediate designers and developers with general knowledge of publishing to the web, installing apps on mobile devices, and publishing from course development software.
Technology discussed in this session:
iPad, Articulate Storyline, PhoneGap, and web hosting.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)