- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using Agile to Put SAM to Work
DevLearn 2013 Conference & Expo - October 23, 2013
How do you keep your project within budget and from falling short in delivering client (internal or external) needs on time? The Successive Approximation Model (SAM)—an Agile development model that works by making repeated small steps (or iterations) to achieve learning objectives and ultimately change learner behavior?can be one solution. Iterations are a hallmark of Agile methods for software development, and they work for learning design and development as well.
In this session, you will look at agile in action. You’ll focus on application of agile techniques to improve centralizing information, keep a project moving forward, track project hours more easily, and define clear and measurable job tasks. You’ll also use other agile tools and techniques for estimating, planning, and managing a design and development project.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to organize high-level and detailed weekly project plans using agile methods
- A method to plan, estimate, and complete projects following a modified XP approach to agile project management
- Ways to prepare your team and your clients (internal or external) for agile
- How to use iterative development (successive approximation) to your advantage
This session will be meaningful to intermediate and advanced instructional designers, project managers, development team members, and anyone interested in running efficient project teams.
Technology discussed in this session:
No specific technology.
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)