- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Open Source to Crowdsource: The Wonders of WordPress as Performance Support
DevLearn 2013 Conference & Expo - October 24, 2013
Dashe & Thomson
Many organizations, business divisions, and project teams could benefit greatly by offering performance support solutions for their customers, stakeholders, or end users. However, many of these groups are neither prepared to spend money on a commercial performance support tool, nor expert enough to marshal the resources required to build one. These groups could use a platform for building performance support that is cost-effective, versatile, and integrates easily with the corporate CRM, LMS, ERP, or plain old intranet.
In this session, participants will see real-world examples of performance support systems that were built using the open-source WordPress content management system. From a $30 million software company to a $1 billion clothing manufacturer, the examples will illustrate how companies and distributor networks of all sizes, and even project teams, have put WordPress to work for them with relative ease.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why WordPress has become the dominant open-source content management system on the web today
- How organizations?including many Fortune 500 companies?are using WordPress as an internal performance support platform
- Some of the ways WordPress?as a PS platform?can integrate with other corporate systems like LMS, CRM, ERP, and intranet
- How to determine whether WordPress might be a viable alternative for your next PS initiative
- How you can learn more about WordPress and its capabilities
Intermediate. Participants should have experience helping to select, build, or implement a corporate performance support system or blended learning program.
Technology discussed in this session:
A wide range of performance support, eLearning, wiki, and LMS technologies will be shown and discussed, including WordPress, RoboHelp, UPK (Oracle help authoring tool), Visio, HTML, PBWiki, Atlassian Software, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, and UTrain LMS software.
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager