- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Use of Immersive 3-D Technology in Training
DevLearn 2013 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2013
It’s tough to escape the current media hype surrounding 3-D-printing technology; this emerging technology has great potential for learning and development. If we can make 3-D-printed training aides, what else can we do with the data?
Participants in this session will explore the ways eLearning, mLearning, and instructor-led courses can leverage 3-D technology, in addition to making a strong case for the single-source authoring and multichannel publishing model. You will hear about the concept of single-source authoring and multichannel publishing and see a demonstration of how it can support eLearning, mLearning, and instructor-led workflows. Actual 3-D-printed training aides, time-lapsed video of the 3-D-printing process, and iPad demonstrations of several leading 3-D apps will drive the workflow discussions.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to get your company 3-D ready
- The advantages and disadvantages to using engineering data (CAD) versus traditional illustrations
- Best practices to using engineering data (CAD) versus traditional illustrations
- How to protect company proprietary data
- The features two industry-leading 3-D apps have to offer in learning and development
- The options for printing in-house versus print-on-demand service bureaus
Intermediate. This session will most benefit participants whose professional background and experience relates to course design and development of training programs. It is not necessary to have experience with 3-D technologies.
Technology discussed in this session:
SAP Visual Enterprise Author, SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer (3-D Modeling App), SolidWorks, eDrawings (3-D Modeling App), iPad, iBooks Author, Adobe InDesign, Interactive PDFs, and 3-D-Printing technology.
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager