- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Do’s and Don’ts of Large-scale Global eLearning Development Projects
DevLearn 2013 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2013
Co-founder & Strategic Relationship Manager
Senior Manager, Learning Technologies
Large-scale eLearning projects can be loaded with risks and pitfalls. Particularly with large-scale projects, ordinary challenges can easily add up to big issues with compounding effects that can cause the entire project to stumble. Hilton Worldwide struggled with two large-scale IT applications-training initiatives—completed sequentially, but approached very differently.
In this case study session, you’ll hear about the invaluable lessons learned that led to changing and implementing best practices between these two large-scale projects. The first project included 64 eLearning modules with 32 seat hours of content. The second project included 274 eLearning modules with 68 seat hours of content. Both global projects involved replacing multiple versions of outdated content with one rewritten version of training.
In this session, you will learn:
- Critical project management elements (including scoping and budgeting)
- How to work with a large group of subject matter experts
- How to design content for a global audience
- How to use rapid development tools and templates (including ZebraZapps)
- How to scale up production for large projects
- Vendor-management techniques (building effective partnerships)
Those needing to manage large-scale projects.
discussed in this session:
ZebraZapps, Jira, Flash.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK