- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Learning Crowd—Utilizing Crowd Sourcing in Learning
DevLearn 2013 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2013
Ruth Ellen Heaton
Sr. Director, Technical Learning
First the Addie model was too slow. Now, even the rapid eLearning development model is too slow. What do we do when traditional learning is out-of-date the same day it is released? Crowd sourcing is the practice of obtaining needed services, ideas, or content by soliciting contributions from a large group of people. Why not use that idea to capture learning, too?
McAfee has been developing and implementing a social-learning and media-rich online program utilizing expert panels, hands-on lab guides and simulations, and user-generated material and bringing it together in GPS systems that allow end users to personalize their learning—to submerse or skim to meet their learning goals. Participants will learn how they harnessed crowd sourcing to meet the demands of ever-changing learning, technology, and business requirements.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use crowd sourcing to expand your learning team
- How to select the tools and strategies for keeping your learning resources up-to-date
- How to select learning and collaboration strategies aligned to rapidly changing requirements
- How to successfully socialize these strategies in your organization
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers struggling to keep up with the rapid change in your industry. If you’re having trouble getting all the resources you need to meet the learning needs and requirements of your stakeholders, this session will give you new tools and insights into making your challenges manageable.
Technology discussed in this session:
The McAfee Technical Learning portal, Video Hub, Planet McAfee (social sites), DIY sites, Brightcove video-hosting system
Student technology needs: None
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager