- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Getting New Sellers’ Feet on the Street Using mLearning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 19, 2014
Implementing a blended approach to learning is a far better way to onboard new hires versus overwhelming them with knowledge and process inside a classroom. By creating a mobile-accessible solution, W.W. Grainger’s field-based employees are learning via their mobile devices whenever they choose. They can refer back to the appropriate content while preparing for a meeting, or even while in front of a customer, thus creating a performance-support tool from their learning platform.
Participants in this case-study session will learn how Grainger’s L&D team redesigned the updated onboarding process around each seller’s omnipresent smartphone, tablet, or laptop as their primary access point to their training. The restructured approach uses a combination of learning modules, live and virtual classroom experiences, interactive forums, and game mechanics to make the new-hire learning experience more continuous, inclusive, and engaging. You’ll learn the ultimate challenge faced: how to package and deliver the varied formal-learning experiences and informal-learning interactions both online and via mobile app in Grainger’s highly secure IT environment.
In this session, you will learn:
- The importance of mobile and online access to all onboarding tasks
- Ways to integrate with other internal systems like single-signon, Cisco Webex, and the Grainger LMS
- Using a blended-learning environment with interactive forums, gamification, and ride-along surveys
- The importance of a highly customized interface from the application’s launch icon to a fully customized user experience
Technology discussed in this session:
Microsoft Office Professional, Epic Learning’s gomo authoring tool, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Articulate Storyline, and Cisco WebEx, all delivered and accessible via OnPoint Digital’s CellCast Solution mobile-learning platform on Apple iOS devices.
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)