- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Merge Mobile with MOOC to Optimize Your Online Training
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 19, 2014
Inge de Waard
AI & Education Strategist
Massive open online courses (MOOCs) provide a seamless learning environment that can adapt the online learning environment in order to keep online learners in a state of learning flow. Adding mobile learning into the mix provides more opportunities and challenges. There are also obstacles that influence eLearners in this technologically complex learning environment.
Participants in this session will learn the characteristics of mLearning, social media, and MOOCs, from both a technical point of view and a learning-and-teaching point of view. This overview will focus on the specifics for each innovative learning technology, and reveal what is special for each of them and how they can complement each other, to increase your understanding of why it is a good strategy. This session will give you a better understanding of all the technologically enhanced learning options that are out there.
In this session, you will learn:
- The learning benefits of combining MOOCs and mLearning technologies
- Which challenges developers and learners face to make a contemporary learning environment combining MOOCs and mLearning
- How to tackle the challenges of complex learning environments
- How to optimize your existing learning environment using all available learning technologies and devices
Intermediate and advanced participants should have experience with MOOCs and/or mobile learning in order to fully understand the challenges.
Technology discussed in this session:
MOOC platforms, social media, and mLearning.
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company