- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
A Blended Learning Approach to Leadership Development
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 19, 2014
Senior Program Analyst
National Association of County and City Health Officials
Leaders of local health departments are faced with the challenges of leading staff in a new environment, working with boards of health and community partners, navigating sometimes contentious political environments and managing budgets in unstable financial situations. The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) developed a unique blended learning leadership development program to help the highest ranking officials at health departments be successful in their first few years on the job.
This session will teach participants how NACCHO developed webcasts, conference call guides, and shadowing visit structures to promote leadership development. You will learn about the importance of creating blended learning programs that address the needs of learners with various strengths, learning preferences, and communication styles. You will see how you can develop programs that work for learners who work in organizations of various sizes and whose organizations are along different points of the business development trajectory.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create a curriculum that allows for asynchronous learning coupled with team discussions
- How to better engage faculty and stakeholders with your curriculum
- How to supplement distance learning with hands-on experiences
- How individual assessments play a role in professional development programs
- How to turn your eLearning program or instructor-led training model into a blended learning program
Novice eLearning professionals interested in creating meaningful blended distance learning programs on a budget. Participants should be familiar with the basic concepts of webcasting, as well as synchronous and asynchronous learning.
Technology discussed in this session:
Adobe Connect, ReadyTalk, and online 360° assessments.
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)
- Instructional Designer