- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Gaining Altitude: Sustaining Ed Tech Culture
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 19, 2014
Training Development Officer
Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Technology and Engineering
Many companies struggle with developing a pro-eLearning corporate culture. They often are successful in securing a few first eLearning initiatives but then the enthusiasm from the learners and corporate leadership dies off. This lack of sustainability may present online learning or eLearning as just a flavor of the month. This, in turn, potentially leads to competing approaches to learning within an organization that confuse the learner and fail to contribute to overall organizational performance.
Participants in this case-study session will learn from two key learning and development representatives from the Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Technology and Engineering how they overcame institutional and cultural challenges to transform both apprentice-level aviation technician training and aerospace officer training. While the context is military in nature, you can easily transfer these lessons to corporate, vocational, or higher education settings.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify the root cause of your culture roadblocks
- How to work through perceived cultural roadblocks
- How to develop a sustainability plan
- How to identify realistic milestones.
- How to harness expertise from large establishments such as PMO
Novice and intermediate designers, project managers, and managers who have an understanding of what technology-based learning includes.
Technology discussed in this session:
No technologies or platforms.
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA