- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Informal Learning: Getting the Best Contributions
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 20, 2014
MasterCard is a technology company, and like many such enterprises, it wants to get the information and expertise people have out in the employee arena so that others can use it, add to it, pass it along, and in general make it part of the working environment. Furthermore, MasterCard (like similar companies) has implemented platforms and tools that are supposed to facilitate this informal knowledge sharing. However, they found that they needed more to drive the best contributions and to ensure consistent contributions to informal knowledge-sharing—contributions that are likely to make an impact on performance.
Participants in this session will examine three issues that hinder employees from contributing informal knowledge: the unwillingness of employees to create and post something that looks amateurish, to contribute something in which they look ineffective, and to spend a lot of time doing something that isn’t part of their performance goals. You’ll learn a solution that addresses these issues through templates and a fast-track production approach. You’ll get practical advice and examples on how to improve contributions to the common issue of informal knowledge sharing.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to overcome skepticism of would-be contributors to an informal knowledge-sharing initiative
- Templates and production approaches that will enhance the look of contributions
- How to show the impact of these informal knowledge contributions
- Best practices for tracking views and ratings
Intermediate level participants should have basic JIT development expertise and be familiar with Captivate, Camtasia, Storyline or similar tools.
Technology discussed in this session:
Captivate, Camtasia, Storyline, Wacom drawing tablet.
Student Technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager