- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Analytics: The Shake-up Igniting a Training Revolution!
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 20, 2014
CEO & Founder
Big movements are underway in our industry. With the change from SCORM to the Experience API, a move to make training accountable to business goals is imminent, but not without some casualties in all corners of the industry. LMSs, development tools, and professional skill sets will have to refocus toward measurable results as company stakeholders eliminate the long-standing defense that training isn’t easily measured. Some will fall, and new players will emerge—a major shakeup is coming!
Session participants will discover the current state of the industry. You’ll see a timeline of key events and milestones over the past 25 years that have led to the current situation and the positives and negatives that the industry now experiences on a daily basis. You’ll consider the ideal situation from the viewpoints of three key parties—the stakeholders, the training team, and the learners. You’ll learn that though ideal is possible it revolves around key components that must change in order to shift the view of training from a cost center to a critical, respected, and revenue-generating division within every organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- An understanding of the industry’s problems and opportunities
- The significance that big data and analytics will have on the training industry
- How to plan for the changes and communicate a strategy and vision within your organization
- How to get your stakeholders onboard and excited
- How to be better informed and better positioned to make critical technology decisions going forward
Participants should have basic knowledge of the key aspects that make up the industry and a dose of frustration about the status quo.
Technology discussed in this session:
The Experience API, learning record stores, analytics and big data, and training development tools.
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning and Development Specialist
- Instructional Designer I
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer