- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Social Media: It’s Not Just an “I Love Me” Wall
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 20, 2014
As training budgets shrink, the burden of remaining professionally up-to-date falls to employees. Everyone is interested in improving performance, but opportunities to master new skills in a brick-and-mortar setting are decreasing. Social media provides an opportunity to connect with communities of like-minded professionals, share information and resources, and even talk to thought leaders in your area of expertise.
Participants in this session will learn how to maximize the professional development possibilities available through Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter. You’ll learn how find and join discussions, ask questions, share resources, and create communities with others in your areas of interest. You will have an opportunity to engage in discussions and view and post professional content via social media. Materials provided will include instructions for creating accounts and utilizing the various features of each of the social media outlets discussed.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create a powerful social media profile
- How to use social media to connect with thought leaders in your areas of expertise
- How to use social media to become part of a community of professionals
- How to develop and expand your personal learning network (PLN)
Novice and intermediate level participants should have a basic familiarity with social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube.
Technology discussed in this session:
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)