- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Quick and Dirty Needs Assessment 101
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 21, 2014
Brookdale Senior Living Solutions
Learning professionals don’t always have access to multiple subject matter experts or the time to conduct extensive observations, task analyses, etc., so they often just have to make the best of their brief meetings with stakeholders. A systematic plan for conducting quick and dirty needs assessments—paired with easy-to-use tools—will help turn these brief meetings and random encounters into informative conversations.
This session will offer participants a crash course in quick-and-dirty needs assessment. You will review a few key ideas that have been around for a while, with a focus on how to implement them quickly. You’ll see brief case studies and scenarios and leave the session with access to mobile tools that will help guide you through on-the-spot, grab-in-the-hallway needs assessment opportunities, whenever they might arise.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to quickly figure out which questions to ask a busy stakeholder and which to discard
- How to utilize multiple needs assessment models as quick lenses through which to view a situation
- The five most important questions to ask when time is limited
- How to use the provided mobile tools as an on-the-spot guide
Novice and intermediate professionals.
Technology discussed in this session:
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company