- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
A Perfect Blend: Leveraging the LMS for Social Learning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 20, 2014
Does your learning management system (LMS) power social learning? LMSs are evolving just as learning is shifting away from stand-alone traditional methods (structured, dictated, individual) towards increasingly informal methods (collaborative, participative, environmental) that support the learning needs of today’s workforce. The LMS manages, delivers, and tracks, but organizations struggle to leverage the LMS to engage learners by integrating social learning features and front-burner methodologies such as mobile, multimedia, the cloud, and gamification.
In this session, participants will learn about an array of social media tools (blogs, forums, wikis, RSS feeds, bookmarking, networking, file sharing, tags, comments, ratings, polls) and explore fully developed examples on an open-source LMS. You will also discuss lessons learned on how the LMS and social media can be the perfect blend.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to analyze current public social platforms and existing LMS social elements
- How to integrate social learning into your enterprise learning solutions
- How to assess social learning options that will satisfy your organization, and how to differentiate based on input from key stakeholders
- How to develop a plan to integrate appropriate social learning tools on your LMS for an optimal blended learning solution
Intermediate and advanced designers, project managers, managers, directors, and executives.
Technology discussed in this session:
Mobile, open-source LMS.
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company