- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Agile Project Management Tools for Everyone
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 20, 2014
dBolen & Associates
Many learning professionals struggle with project management: projects take too long, resources (money, SMEs) are not available, or we get saddled with scope creep. We’re now encouraged to be “agile” and leave ADDIE for something else. That something else can be found in agile software development shops. Agile grew out of the desire to find a better way to develop and deliver software projects. Agile is all about collaboration, leveraging the creativity of teams, building quality products, and learning to apply lessons to the next project. In the software development world, agile has increased speed to market, increased ROI, and reduced development time through focused iterative cycles.
This session will introduce selected tools from Scrum and Kanban agile project management approaches. You will be provided with takeaway tools and a framework for managing an eLearning project. This session will be grounded in the world of eLearning, not software development.
In this session, you will learn:
- What agile is and what it isn’t
- How these agile methods promote collaboration, communication, and project transparency
- How to apply Scrum and Kanban methods to SAM
- How a daily Scrum will keep your project on schedule
- About the power of a burndown chart
Intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers with some familiarity with project management methods and terms and a familiarity with some agile approaches.
Technology discussed in this session:
Kanban site leankit.com, task boards, and burndown charts.
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager