- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Telling Your Story with Infographics
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 20, 2014
Sr. Manager of Programming
The eLearning Guild
Infographics are an incredibly popular way of displaying data and framing information. However, we’ve all seen examples where infographics have been unclear or even downright confusing. Obviously simply displaying a collection of related data in a visual way doesn’t magically create a powerful infographic. So what does? And how can learning professionals use this tool to create compelling training?
This session, geared towards the average learning designer, will walk through the basics of what makes an infographic work, what situations they’re particularly suited for (or not suited for at all), and how to display data in a way that tells a compelling story to learners. By the end of the session, participants will be able to identify successful and unsuccessful aspects of infographics, as well as create compelling infographics of their own.
In this session, you will learn:
- What exactly defines a good infographic
- When is it best to use infographics in learning (and when should you avoid them)
- What the most common mistakes made in infographics are and how they can be overcome
- What the best infographic practices are for determining what story to tell, data to display, and way to display it
Novice and intermediate designers who have a basic understanding of designing learning.
Technology discussed in this session:
PowerPoint and Adobe Illustrator
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)