- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Examples and Tools for Augmented Reality
mLearnCon 2014 - June 24, 2014
Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Initiative
Augmented reality (AR) can take any situation, location, environment, or experience to a whole new level of meaning and understanding. Mobile AR technologies provide an innovative tool for contextual learning, but mobile learning designers and developers are unaware of where to look for examples or development options.
In this session, you will learn how this engaging mobile technology is changing the way people learn on mobile devices. You will explore this exciting mobile learning capability in detail and examine its potential for learning while identifying both positive and negative aspects of AR. You will also learn about the possibilities and see several exciting examples and tools for development for AR. This session will also cover attempts to classify AR according to several key aspects (device/technology, mode of interaction, type of media, personal or shared experiences) based on formal research literature from the Open University.
In this session, you will learn:
- To understand contextual mobile learning and the differences between augmented reality and mobile augmented reality
- About existing apps and tools you can leverage to create your own mobile AR content
- From examples of mobile AR using for contextual mobile learning
- The potential for learning while identifying both positive and negative aspects of AR
Novice to advanced designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
Mobile technologies, augmented reality.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)