- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Content as an API: The Future of Content Distribution
mLearnCon 2014 - June 24, 2014
Digital Learning Systems Specialist
Mobile technologies and web platforms are advancing faster than training methodologies so keeping up with the trends is getting more and more difficult. There is a growing need to develop training initiatives for a technology landscape that is evolving at a remarkable pace without having to redevelop content for each device or platform.
In this session you will learn how to leverage (or repurpose) real-time-content API delivery systems in an eLearning environment. You will discover how this allows for single-sourced (cloud) content authoring, editing, and storage while being able to have mobile apps, websites, and applications access that content in real-time. You will explore how this eliminates the the need to redevelop content for each app or program that needs it as the landscape evolves. You will leave this session with an understanding of how to design a strategy that will allow for consumption of content from any device on a network.
In this session, you will learn:
- A definition of “content API,” and where you have already used one
- Why the future of eLearning technology will require API-accessible content
- Five reasons you would use a content API over a traditional LMS or LCMS to manage content
- How to chose an API for your content
- About content API and tracking results
Intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers knowledgeable about existing technology-based learning-content management solutions in the industry, e.g., LMS, LCMS, CMS.
Technology discussed in this session:
Content APIs, social networking tools, tracking standards, mobile devices (phones, tablets, and consoles), computers (Windows, Mac, Linux), cloud storage, and cloud computing.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)