- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Immersive mLearning and Its Impact on Learner Engagement
mLearnCon 2014 - June 24, 2014
Senior Learning Strategist
The Regis Company
The Regis Company
Organizational leaders often see gaming and immersive mLearning solutions as frivolous and potentially a waste of time. As a result, an engaging learning medium is often overlooked, resulting in missed opportunities to use mobile solutions as a strategy to improve employee skill building. Studies show that participants learn either because they are motivated to learn or because they are engaged in the learning. The challenge is in helping stakeholders understand that mLearning can be extremely immersive and effective for learning.
In this session you will learn from examples of mLearning used both on its own and to enhance classroom experiences. You will explore client use-cases and make the case for how games and simulations increase neuroplasticity and learning effectiveness. You will see these principles in action during a live test of learning engagement by monitoring the EEG levels of two learners with helmet-style brain monitoring tools.
In this session, you will learn:
- Key talking points to speak to stakeholders about the value of immersive mLearning
- How to contrast use-cases for immersive mLearning such as games and simulations
- Fresh approaches to using mLearning in the classroom and as well as in a virtual environment
- Introductory concepts to the science behind learning engagement and effectiveness so as to be able to promote mLearning
Intermediate designers, managers, directors, and executives with experience with basic mLearning design.
discussed in this session:
Simport as a systems dynamic tool.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager