- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Digital Badges for Mobile Learning
mLearnCon 2014 - June 24, 2014
A new approach to credentialing learning is on the horizon. Digital badges is a new credentialing model will have a profound impact on trainers, designers, developers, managers, and learners. A digital badge is a credential that is ideally suited for the age of electronic networked learning and work. But how does an organization initiate a badge program? Digital badges are transportable, sharable, embedded with information, and authenticatable. Before issuing badges, organizations must understand the process for issuing, storing, and sharing digital badges.
In this session you will explore the answers to many pressing questions related to digital badges. You will learn from examples of badges that are already being used. You will discover how you can include badges in your mobile learning programs. You will better understand the implications of badges on your work and on your organization’s learning strategy.
In this session, you will learn:
- What a digital badge is, and why digital badges are important to the future of learning
- Lessons from the organizations building the digital badge ecosystem
- About the opportunities for implementing digital badges in mobile learning
- How to learn more about digital badges, for the benefit of your organization and your career
Novice to advanced designers, developers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Participants will be introduced to companies in the digital badge ecosystem such as BadgeStack, BadgeSafe, Makebadge, Totora, and, especially, Mozilla’s Open Badges infrastructure.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Training Specialist
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST