- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Mobile: Exploring the Future of Learning
mLearnCon 2014 - June 24, 2014
Director of Learning
Today more people have mobile access than have safe drinking water and electricity. There are now as many mobile subscribers as there are people on Earth. Gartner predicted that there will be close to 1 billion smartphones sold in 2013. Despite the rapid consumer adoption of ever-advancing mobile technologies, many organizations still struggle with adding mobile to their learning strategy. As learning professionals, we will have to adopt new strategies and learn new skills in order to support workers in an increasingly mobile-first world.
In this session you will discover why mLearning projects often fail. You will look at the design of these projects in terms of both technology and adult learning principles. You will explore how you can design mLearning so that learners are successful. This session will give you the keys to unlocking a successful mobile strategy.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why mLearning often fails
- How mLearning is fundamentally different, while still supporting adult learning principles
- How to go beyond form factor in design
- The intersection points between social media and mLearning
- How to start developing your own mLearning strategy
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Typical mobile platforms—phones and tablets
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK