- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Meeting the Moment: Learning Needs, Mobile Training, and Performance Support
mLearnCon 2014 - June 24, 2014
SVP Business Development
It’s been more than 20 years since Gloria Gery published her pioneering work, and still the promise of real-time performance support remains elusive. What opportunities do trainers now have to help employees improve skills while doing real tasks on the job? When is it appropriate to use mobile devices and when isn’t it? What new strategies are needed when developing mobile learning as performance support?
In this session you will explore these and other questions as you discover a learning model that effectively and efficiently takes advantage of mobile devices and performance support as part of an overarching learning strategy. You will learn about a framework for evaluating performance-support opportunities for learners and how you might best leverage mobile devices to meet them. You will leave this session understanding how training departments can begin to take full advantage of the mobile opportunity to meet the learning moment and train and support their workers on the job.
In this session, you will learn:
- What opportunities trainers now have to help employees improve skills while doing real tasks on the job
- When it is appropriate to use mobile devices and when it isn’t
- What new strategies are needed when developing mobile learning as performance support
- How mobile devices can be fully leveraged to meet the learning moment and train and support workers on the job
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
HTML5, several mobile devices (smartphones and tablets), and responsive design.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company