- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Designing Apps That Boost Behavior Change
mLearnCon 2014 - June 24, 2014
VP Product Development
The Ken Blanchard Companies
There are so many variables to consider when L&D professionals or learning vendors try to decide how to best use mobile methods to boost the success of their learning initiatives. One critical element is understanding how to balance the amount of content and functionality you should include. Our recent experiences with testing several apps over the last three years has led us to some findings that will shape the role of how the Ken Blanchard Companies will use mobile tools and materials going forward.
In this case-study session you will explore various strategies for boosting the likelihood your mobile learning will be used on the job. You will learn how our internal mobile app evolved during its development, review and learn from the framework used to create our app, and see how it can be adapted in your own organization. You will also explore which parts of a learning experience work best on mobile devices.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to reduce the functional footprint of an app to boost usefulness
- How to boost the likelihood of it being used back on the job
- What part of the learning experience to take on first through mobile
- How to make trade-offs around native or unified app development
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Native apps, web apps, and PhoneGap.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)