- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Assisting Transitioning Vets: A Mobile Performance-support Case Study
mLearnCon 2014 - June 24, 2014
Mobile Learning Consultant
DoD Advanced Distributed Learning
Managing Partner, Strategy and New Product Development
Every year, thousands of America’s service members separate from the military to start a new chapter in life as civilians. The re-entry into civilian life can be a difficult phase that results in unfamiliar challenges. The increased number of separations from the military strains the current infrastructure, resources, and techniques to prepare for post-military life.
In this case-study session, you will learn how DoD’s Advanced Distributed Learning group used mobile performance support and knowledge management to enhance performance for veterans going through the transition process. You will discover how we used an app to re-engage users, build confidence through actions and visualization of success, and focus immediacy and relevance of task on future life success. You will develop an understanding of use cases for mobile learning in a performance-support capacity and how to address mobile-learning challenges. You’ll get a demonstration of the prototype app that leverages the Experience API (xAPI) to capture user activity.
In this session, you will learn:
- About an example of re-imagined mobile learning through performance support
- How to use the xAPI to capture learning events
- How to engage and motivate users to success through mobile
- How to accommodate the limitations of mobile that are really opportunities for focus
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Experience API (xAPI), learning record stores, and apps.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager