- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Designing Dynamic and Unique Mobile Learning Solutions
mLearnCon 2014 - June 25, 2014
Center for Educational Innovation, Zayed University
Mobile technology is a powerful tool to support learning. Its ubiquitous nature offers great potential in terms of accessibility, connectivity, and collaboration, its ability to support blended face-to-face and online learning experiences, and its ability to aid differentiation to meet learning needs. But using mobile devices for learning also comes laden with complex problems. These problems may revolve around a lack of knowledge or skills to overcome technical barriers, implement mobile devices for teaching and learning purposes, or adapt content to a mobile learning environment.
In this session you will explore the technological, pedagogical, and content knowledge (TPACK) framework and how this way of thinking can inform and support effective mobile-learning integration in higher education. You will discuss TPACK and learn how to apply it to your planning and design of learning experiences with mobile technology. You will leave this session with strategies to evaluate your mobile technology integration and enable you to transform learner experiences through designing experiences.
In this session, you will learn:
- What the TPACK framework is and why it is important
- How TPACK was used to integrate mobile learning in a higher-education context
- How to structure thinking, planning, and designing mobile-learning solutions with the TPACK framework
- How to evaluate your mobile-learning integrations using the TPACK framework
- How to apply it to your own mobile-learning context.
Novice and intermediate designers with a basic-to-intermediate understanding of mobile learning.
Technology discussed in this session:
Mobile learning devices: iOS, Android, and Surface tablets.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company