- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
How to Break Down the Barriers to mLearning
mLearnCon 2014 - June 25, 2014
Learning Technologies Specialist
Staff Learning Technologist
In the last few years, organizations were busy evaluating whether mobile devices are an effective channel for employee learning needs. However, research suggests that “organizations have moved beyond this stage and are now focused on solving challenges around security, content, bandwidth and cost” (Brandon Hall). Why is it that many organizations excited about mobile learning are yet struggling to start implementing them?
In this case-study session you will explore some of the best practices that have helped Qualcomm move past these barriers and align ourselves with the characteristics of high-performing organizations and top learning groups. We will discuss the different barriers to using mobile technology for learning, explore the mobile journey we have taken, and learn how our lessons can be applied in your organization. You will leave this session with a number of solid tactics and strategies used to overcome the barriers associated with mobile learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify potential barriers your organization could face for mobile learning
- Best practices to tackle some common barriers to mobile learning
- How Qualcomm has dealt with some common barriers to mobile learning
- The lessons learned by a mobile-learning pioneer organization
Novice and intermediate project managers, managers, and directors.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)