- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Copyright, Creativity, and Compliance: A Painless Guide to Using Media
mLearnCon 2014 - June 25, 2014
Copyright Educator and Author
Santa Fe Community College
The Internet is full of compelling images, video, and sound, but most learning designers and developers struggle with understanding what content they are allowed to use, and which content is limited based on copyrights. There is a continuing struggle to quickly develop content while balancing speed with protecting our own work, respecting the work of others, and using copyrighted works fairly.
In this session you will learn how to develop an applied understanding of copyright law and how to find media you can use. You will discover how to use this knowledge to help you become more productive and focused as you maximize your financial and creative resources. You will find sites that already approve use of their content, so you don’t have to stress about copyright infringement. You will leave this session with an understanding of copyright law and how to apply legal concepts such as the fair use doctrine to everyday scenarios.
In this session, you will learn:
- The important issues surrounding copyright law and fair-use of images, video, and music downloaded from the Internet
- How to apply copyright law, and fair-use in particular, in the context of digital media
- How to find websites that offer public-domain and open-access media
- About Creative Commons licensing and which licenses are most accommodating
Novice designers, developers, and project managers with basic graphic design, web, or app skills.
Technology discussed in this session:
API for Creative Commons licenses and plugins for proper attribution of work.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)