- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
B.Y.O.D.: Developing Image-recognition Augmented Reality Training
mLearnCon 2014 - June 25, 2014
Director of Learning Services
Sumaria Learning Solutions
One of the emerging technologies that learning professionals are interested in is augmented reality. There is tremendous energy and excitement attached to the opportunities presented by augmented reality, but few actual case studies that organizations can learn from as they contemplate walking that path themselves.
In this case-study session you will explore the development journey for an innovative and world-class end-user training experience that satisfies a variety of technology capabilities, including augmented reality. You will learn from the successes and challenges encountered on the project. You will discuss the choices made as the project took shape, including how we were able to design a solution that worked on both traditional eLearning platforms and leading-edge mobile technology. You will leave this session with an understanding of critical considerations for developing an augmented reality project.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to apply the lessons learned in the development effort using this leading-edge technology
- How to assess how you might use this technology to design your own immersive end-user experience
- How to avoid the mistakes made while learning how to develop for this technology
- How image recognition and augmented reality works
Novice designers, developers, project managers, and managers with a basic understanding of eLearning and mobile-learning platforms.
Technology discussed in this session:
Object recognition and augmented reality applications, for use on tablets & smartphones
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager