- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Exploring an Advanced Deployment of the xAPI at Lifeway’s Ministry Grid
mLearnCon 2014 - June 25, 2014
Director of Technology and Transmedia Content
LifeWay Christian Resources
People have yet to see major enterprise-level examples of Experience API (xAPI) adoption and the value of its features and functionality. Without these examples, bringing fully formed ideas about the xAPI’s capabilities back to their workplace is a challenge. Learning professionals need to see advanced integrations of the xAPI in non-traditional adaptations so they can understand how it can be used effectively.
In this session participants will learn about Lifeway’s Ministry Grid, and exactly how the xAPI is enabling it. You will review a demonstration of the application itself, and discuss the specific enhancements made possible via the xAPI. You will explore the architecture, the kinds of xAPI statements made, and the specific technology in play. You will discuss the lessons learned during the implementation, including pitfalls like trying to capture everything that happens anywhere. Participants will leave this session with a real-life example of implementing and using the xAPI in a large, enterprise environment.
In this session, you will learn:
- What the xAPI can do in real world application
- How organizations can accomplish what has not been possible before
- How Lifeway is using the xAPI to directly support business objectives
- What roles or skill sets were used to accomplish what Lifeway has done
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers with a cursory knowledge of the xAPI.
discussed in this session:
Ministry Grid, enabled by the xAPI.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA